Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sweet Potato Burritos

In an effort to actually eat more of the veggies we get from the farmer's market I found this recipe for sweet potato burritos. I thought they were good, and my husband, who's not typically a sweet potato fan, didn't mind eating them.

1 med onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cans kidney beans, drained
1 C water (more or less, depending on your preference)
3 T chili powder
2tsp cumin
some mustard
a pinch of cayenne pepper
2T soy sauce
3-4C cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
12 tortillas (10in)... made about fifteen for me, but I'm no burrito-wrapping expert
8+ ounces of shredded cheddar cheese

Sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft. Stir in beans and mash it all up. Gradually stir in water and heat until warm. Remove from heat. Stir in chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne, and soy sauce. Divide beans and sweet potatoes into tortillas, top with cheese, and fold burrito-style. Bake on baking sheet 12-15minutes. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Yum.

I wrapped the extras in foil, put 'em in storage bags and froze them. Hopefully they'll be just as good reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment