Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yummy Bok Choy Salad


In our Farmer's Market Co-op this week, we got some baby bok choy. I had to search online looking at pictures of leafy green vegetables before I could identify it by picture. I decided to go for it and made this salad. It was very good!

Yummy Bok Choy Salad

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 bunches baby bok choy, cleaned and sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/8 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 (6 ounce) package chow mein noodles

1. In a glass jar with a lid, mix together olive oil, white vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Close the lid, and shake until well mixed.
2. Combine the bok choy, green onions, almonds, and chow mein noodles in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve.


I'm not sure how you're supposed to cut up bok choy so I just broke the leaves off at the base and cut them into bite sized pieces, including the white lower leaf, which tasted fine so I figured you were supposed to eat that part too. I didn't have chow mein noodles so I substituted fried onions and it was pretty good. Also, the dressing makes like 10 times too much so I made a Chinese chicken/cabbage salad and put the rest on that and it was enough dressing for the entire med/small head of cabbage.

1 comment:

  1. excellent. I've been trying to figure out what to do with the bok choy. Jared Snider said that it's good in stir fry, too...

    ReplyDelete